At first, it may seem like purchasing a cordless mower is a no-brainer. However, even though there are some huge benefits to using lawn mowers that are without cords, there are some downfalls as well. Cordless lawn mowers should only be purchased by a select group of people. Oftentimes, people become so excited about the concept of mowing cordlessly that they are too quick to make a purchase, not realizing it won’t work for their situation. Will it work for you? There is no cookie-cutter response, but if your lawn/grassy area is small, you could make a cordless mower work.
- Cordless Mowing – This one is pretty obvious. The biggest benefit of these products is that they allow you to mow freely and effortlessly and that is why people purchase them. You’ll be able to reach areas you would not have been able to reach previously. Cordless lawn mowers are also safer as there is no cord to pose a safety hazard to anyone in the vicinity of the product.
- Cheaper To Use – Because you don’t have to spend any money on fuel, cordless electric lawn mowers are cheaper to use. This is a pretty big benefit for many people, even though you won’t spend much money on fuel for a mower.
- Convenience – Cordless lawn mowers are more convenient than traditional mowers. They are often foldable and easy to store making them a more convenient purchase.
- Battery Life – Obviously, the biggest con of using cordless lawn mowers is the battery life. Now, if you’re going to be mowing a very small lawn and not intending to use your mower for a long time, it won’t be a problem. However, if you intend to mow for more than 30-40 minutes, you’ll be pushing it with a cordless lawn mower. Bigger projects can be done more efficiently using zero turn mowers.
- Durability reviews– Not all cordless mowers have issues in regards to durability. Still, because this is an electrical product we’re talking about, you may face issues. Something like the Black Decker has been a bit infamous for having some issues, but most are relatively durable. Read our to find out which models are durable.
When Are They Worth Buying?
Cordless lawn mowers are worth buying when you can be confident that the battery life won’t be an issue for you. The vast majority of people who regret their purchase of cordless mowers are those who realize that these products cannot match their expectations. You cannot expect these mowers to last you multiple hours (or even an hour) on one charge. Because of that fact, many people are forced to reconsider and possibly purchase something like the Husqvarna Z246. Even though there are some people who face this issue, the majority of customers are satisfied. People with average-sized lawns can be confident they’re purchasing a great product when getting cordless mowers.
In general, mowers which are cordless could and should replace old-school mowers over the next few years. They are better in almost every single way. When the time comes that you need to mow larger areas and commercial pieces of land, you can turn to a zero turn mower and be sure to get the job done efficiently and effectively.